Woodledge Village Community Association, Inc.
43 Woodledge East Lake
Hawley, PA 18428
REVISIONS STARTING AS OF 10/02/1999
Passed by the Board and Membership
1) The annual fee for a rental property is $1,000.00. The fee will be billed on a yearly basis. The Board approved this on June 3, 2000. This bill will be sent every November 1st.
2) Late Fees: An administrative late fee of $50.00 is instituted per annual billing cycle for dues and special assessments, to take effect with the October 2000 billing. The fee is in addition to finance charges and applies to each property owned on which dues/assessments are unpaid 30 days after the due date. For those on a payment plan this fee is applicable only in the event of default, that is, where any single payment remains unpaid 30 days after the agreed payment date. The Board approved this July 1, 2000.
3) An owner is to be billed for full dues / assessments after the six-month home building permit expires unless there are mitigating circumstances over which the owner has no control. In this instance, the owner is required to file for an extension from the Board, citing the reason for the extension. Approved by the Board on October 7, 2000.
4) Future work permits will specify that contractors be required to clean up their sites. Approved by Board on October 7, 2000.
5) Saturday construction by outside contractors making disturbing noise, should cease by 4:00 pm. Approved by the Board at the April 7, 2001 meeting.
6) The listing of Woodledge properties for sale, including a map of The Village, should sell for $10. Approved by the Board at the June 2001 meeting.
7) Portable toilets are required at all construction sites where indoor toilet facilities are not available. Approved by the Board at the October 2001 meeting.
8) In regard to the operation of recreation vehicles such as quads and ATV’s, our Rules & Regulations, in addressing this subject, require compliance with all laws and that proper insurance be carried on such vehicles. Woodledge Village accepts no liability.
9) “For Sale” signs shall be banned in Woodledge Village. The office will maintain an updated list of lots and houses for sale. Approved at the September 1, 2001 Board meeting
10) A new fee was implemented, the Common Area Renewal Effort (CARE) to become effective with the new fiscal year starting 1 July 2002. The fee will be $65.00 for each improved lot and $35.00 for each unimproved lot. It will be shown on invoices as a separate line item and will be indexed to the cost of living. Approved by the Board April 6, 2002.
11) Fines for infractions for which no dollar amount is currently specified in the Rules & Regulations, may be levied up to $500.00 by the Board of Directors for any violation that jeopardizes the health/safety or quality of life of Community members (e.g. use of air guns, fireworks, or construction violations. Approved at the July 6, 2002 Board meeting
12) The fine for vandalism, which is now set at $1,000 in the Rules & Regulations, will be changed to read “up to $1,000”. Approved by the Board at the July 6, 2002 meeting.
13) Under V Administration Charges: There will be a $100.00 charge to any property owner, for direct costs to the Association, who improves their property with no immediate plans to build a home. For example, excavating or installation of a septic system. Approved by the Board on March 6, 2004.
14) Stickers are required for all recreational vehicles. Notice in policy change approved by the Board at the March 6, 2004.
15) It was approved at the Board meeting to charge a fee for those who improve a lot, for cost to the Association of $100.00. To be inserted under Section V Administration Charges and Deposits.
There will be a $100.00 charge to any property owner, for direct costs to the Association, who improves their property with no immediately plans to build a home. For example, drilling a well, building a septic mound, excavation, or installation of a septic system. Approved by the board March 6, 2004.
16) Clubhouse Rental fees approved by the Board on March 6, 2004 are as follows:
Number of guests 1 to 25 Rental charge is $75.00
Number of guests 26 to 75 Rental charge is $100.00
Number of guests 76 to Max. Rental charge is $150.00
The cost for cleaning will be deducted from the $200.00 deposit along with any damage cost.
17) Motion passed July 3, 2004. Go-carts are permitted to operate only on the owner’s property.
18) Unanimously approved by all members present on September 4, 2004. The Contractors Hours will be: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There will be no Sunday or Holiday hours.
19) The fees for Building Permits will be changed and increased to reflect the direct increased costs to the Association, as stated below, and go into effect November 6, 2004. Approved unanimously at the November 6, 2004 Board Meeting.
Standard Sizes Only
Above Ground Pool $25.00
Dock 15 ft. long $25.00
Wood Shed $25.00
Deck 9x12 $75.00
Enclosed Deck/Porch 9x12 $75.00
1 Car Garage $100.00
2 Car Garage $150.00
House Addition $200.00
Oversized Additional Cost $25.00
20) All propane tanks must be placed behind the home, or be buried, or be hidden by landscaping such as a rock wall and not be visible from the street or lake. Approved by the Board at the November 6, 2004 meeting.
21) A motion was made and passed unanimously on March 5, 2005 to apply the $50.00 late fee to the Capital Improvement fee under the same conditions as it applies to Dues and Special Assessment.
22) A motion was made and passed unanimously on April 2, 2005 to make an addition to our Rules and Regulations. Anyone that buys property in Woodledge Village and does not receive a resale package from the seller must purchase one from the community at the prevailing rate.
23) A motion made and passed on April 2, 2005. Owners who are selling their property and owe monies are to be held liable and we can go after them legally.
24) A motion was also made on May 17, 2005 that when a Board meeting was held concerning a family member of a Board member that Board member be excluded from the meeting. All voted yes.
25) A motion made and passed on August 6, 2005. All trees over 3 inches need permission from the committee before cutting the tree down. Additionally that if you are a new owner and you understand what trees are to come down and additional trees are cut, a building permit can be rescinded if agreed upon by the committee. Plus they are not allowed to go on any further until the fine is paid plus money put in escrow for the replacement of the tree. If continued they will be fined everyday.
26) A motion was made and passed on May 13, 2006 to increase the fee for Building a new home from $400.00 to $800.00 for a building permits.
27) A motion was made and approved by the Board of Directors at their May 13, 2006 meeting that Contractors working in Woodledge Village Community must purchase a yearly permit for $75.00.
28) A motion was made and passed by the Board of Directors at their May 13, 2006 meeting to decrease the late charge on the Special Assessment from $50.00 to $25.00.
29) A motion was made and passed by the Board of Directors at their May 13, 2006 meeting that all new homes build must be occupied by owner or family member for 1 year from date of Occupancy otherwise it would be considered a rental and charged $1,000.00 fee per year. If it is vacant it will be considered a spec home, which is also required to pay $1,000.00 fee per year.
30) A motion was made and passed by the Board of Directors at their June 3, 2006 meeting that people on payment plans that are current with their payments are considered to be in good standings and are permitted to vote and be a board member.
31) A motion was made and passed by the Board of Directors at their December 2, 2006 meeting that all Modular homes building permits are $1500.00. Woodledge MUST is to be notified 48 hours prior to delivery of a Modular home and Notification MUST be posted on Woodledge’s Bulletin Board. A Road Bond of $5,000.00 and a Tree Bond of $3,000.00 are required. Trees must be replanted, being 15 trees, 7 are to be 7 foot Evergreen and 8 are to 7 foot Hardwood at least 2” in diameter or at the discretion of Woodledge Village’s Board of Directors. A refund of $3,000.00 for the Tree Bond will be refunded when all requirements have been satisfied.
32) A motion was made by the Board of Directors and passed at their May 12, 2007 meeting to change the wording in the Rules and Regulations that all people who need to purchase a Resale Packet will be charged a $50.00 administration fee to prepare it. Also people who already own property in Woodledge Village and purchase other parcels from repository or tax sale do not have to purchase another resale packet. People selling their property privately or through a Real Estate must purchase a resale packet at the same administration fee of $50.00 for the preparation of the packet.
33) A motion was made by the Board of Directors and passed at their August 2, 2008 meeting allowing verbal complaints to be handled immediately when necessary and when involving the safety of the Community. Other complaints need to be presented in writing.
34) A motion was made by the Board of Directors and passed at their September 6, 2008 meeting to add a heat surcharge of $50.00 to the Clubhouse rental charge for all rentals from November 1st to March 31.
35) A motion was made by the Board of Directors and passed at their October 4, 2008 meeting that fines will be accessed at the rate of $100.00 for 1st offense, $250.00 for the 2nd offense and 3rd offense will be $500.00
36) A motion was made by the Board of Directors and passed at their March 7, 2009 meeting that any one who calls, emails or sends a letter to the Community attorney without the approval of the majority of the Board will be charged for the amount he charges us and be billed as a fine.
37) A motion was made by the Board of Directors and passed at their April 3, 2010 meeting that all new homes built must be occupied as a resident or be the owner’s vacation home; occupied by either the owner or family member for 1 year from date of occupancy otherwise it would be considered a rental and charged $1000.00 fee per year. If it is vacant it will be considered a spec home, which is also required to pay a $1,000.00 fee per year. If the owner sells or contracts to sell a home or property with a new home that either they build or contract to build, it will also be defined as a spec home and be charged a $1000.00 fee per year.
38) A motion was passed at the September 4, 2010 meeting that all trees, (including dead trees) that are to be cut down, which are three inches in diameter or larger, measured one foot from the ground, need a permit from the tree committee. The permit shall be issued to last for one year from the inspection date. There is no charge for this service. Cutting in an emergency where a danger exists, shall be permitted but the Tree Committee should be notified as soon as possible. All modular homes to be built need in addition to the permit, a deposit to insure that trees will be replanted in the areas cleared for the installation of the modular home. The deposit of $3000 will be returned after the tree committee deems the planting of six foot or larger trees have filled in the cleared area. The deposit will be forfeited after two years from the date of the permit if no replanting takes place. Fines of up to $100 per tree may be levied for cutting without a permit. The Community Board will have the final determination of the amount. Late fees are to be assessed at the Community’s standard rate. This addendum supersedes all prior rules and regulations and addendums referring to tree cutting.
39) A motion was passed at the October 2, 2010 executive meeting. There will be a fine imposed for not having a flag on your recreation vehicle, (ATV, UTV, Golf Cart) The fine for the first offense will be $25.00, the fine for the 2ndoffense will be $50.00
40) A motion was passed at the November 5, 2011 board meeting to not charge interest on current year payment plans starting in the fiscal year 2012/2013 if the monthly payments are made on time.
41) A motion was passed at the April 7, 2012 board meeting to lower the late fee on the dues and care from $50.00 to $25.00.
42) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the July 2012 meeting that all permanent fire pits/bbq pits must be in the rear of a home. It must be 50 feet from any building and there must be a 30 foot radius from any flammables such as leaves, trees, brush, etc.
43) A motion was passed at the July 2012 meeting that the tree bond on a modular home will be lowered from $3000.00 to $2000.00.
44) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the November 3, 2013 meeting to increase the Capital Improvement for a house to $415.00.
45) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the August 1, 2015 meeting that a Contractor/Builder is deemed to be a person coming in with a trailer with heavy equipment. The permit fee will remain the same $75.00 for a 12 month period.
46) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the August 1, 2015 meeting that a dog house under 4 x 4 x 4 there will be no fee. Anything that is 4 x 4 x 4 will be consider a shed which will be $25.00 for the permit.
47) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the August 1, 2015 meeting that homes for sale will revert back allowing them to post a 2 x 2 for sale sign.
48) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the August 1, 2015 meeting to decrease the house rental fee to $500.00. If not paid there will be a $25.00 fine assessed every month.
49) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the August 1, 2015 meeting people not in good stands will be allowed to use the pool if they pay $5.00 per adult and $3.00 per child each visit. This will on the honor system plus monitored by the security camera.
50) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the August 1, 2015 meeting that everyone is to sign in before entering the pool area.
51) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the August 1, 2015 meeting that all recreation vehicles need to purchase a flag for $10.00 from the office.
52) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at the September 5, 2015 meeting that a builder or a new property owner who does not reside in the house for 12 months will be deemed that the house is a spec house which they will be responsible to pay $1,000.00 spec fee every year the house is sold. Existing home owners who have resided in the home for 12 months and is now vacant and is looking to sell does not have to pay the spec fee as long as they dues are up to date.
53) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at their October 3, 2015 meeting that volunteers would receive $5.00 per hour off their dues if they did work in the Community on an organized work day.
54) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at their November 7, 2015 meeting after checking with their attorney effective June 1, 2016 billing for the Care would be increased according to the cost of living index. For a house it would go from $65.00 to $86.50 and a Lot would go from $35.00 to 46.50
55) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at their March 5, 2016 meeting that a nuisance noise is to include animals. The homeowner will be subject to fines set by the Board of Directors
56) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at their March 5, 2016 meeting that a $50.00 late charge will be accessed to people on a payment plan who misses a monthly payment.
57) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at their May 7, 2016 meeting to change the cost of the clubhouse rental to a flat $100.00 which includes the barbecue but not the pool.
58) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at their June 4, 2016 meeting to change the Tree permit process. Only new construction will need a permit. All others will have to mark their trees that need to be cut, contact the Tree committee for approval, then have the Tree committee inspect the property when the trees are cut down. If trees are cut down that were not marked and approved, owner will be fined.
59) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at their July 2, 2016 that the if the clubhouse is rented the night before your party, you can not decorate until the morning of your party. If there is a party the next day, you need to clean up the night of your party.
60) A motion was passed by the Board of Directors at their July 2, 2016 meeting that all boats will need to be re-registered with a number put on by Woodledge Village. If your boat is not registered it will be auctioned off in the Spring of 2017. The money will be used for the Marina..
61) A motion was made by the Board of Directors at their August 6, 2016 meeting that a Spec house will only be charge a one time fee of $ 1000.00.